Today I spent my son’s nap time preparing edible paints, pasting huge papers on the floor, thinking about all the activity over and over so it’s perfect…and then…he woke up and hated the color :/ Not as expected. He just didn’t like the feeling of color on his fingers and he hated to become dirty (this is something new) 😀
The recipe for the homemade edible paint:
As he didn’t enjoy new paint I offered him our regular tempera colors but he did’t get into that neither.
I left and came back with his favorite markers…and yes he got excited, he just wanted his foot outline on the paper and left the activity again.
So I came up with ‘drawing on the windows’ idea. We have super cool Stabilo Woody 3 in 1 Colouring Pencils become Water Color become Wax Crayons, that you can use for paper, black board and glass too. What’s better, you can also remove it 🙂 Heaven for all creative souls and my son enjoyed cleaning the window more…
I guessed he is just not in mood for art and listened to him…He wanted to see his new Universe Flash Cards I made few days ago.
Dear mommies, I failed to listen to my son today to get nice post about the homemade colors. Just a quick reminder for myself: Listen and follow your child!
Flashcards, laminated, non-laminated, big, small, black and white, colorful…all I just fell in love. If I should use the right word, I am obsessed these days 😛
They have tons of significant missions of course but on other side, they are so much fun for creative and all-the-time-preparing-something parents. You can come up with different ideas, you can make your own personalized cards with faces of your baby, with your real furniture, or you can find hundreds of them easily available on internet.
Let’s see how to make YOUR SPECIAL FAMILY FLASHCARDS your child will surely love! Mine does. And so does my husband 🙂
- You will need photos of all the family members you want to keep in your range. Try to get same photography on same background so your cards will look clean and
neat. That’s why wherever we went we were carrying white wrapping paper.
- Now you will need to crop and edit them according to your preferences. I highly recommend using the web site www.picmonkey.com. You can do really cool stuff there for free or you can register and get all the awesome features.
♣ choose the option “Edit”
♣ left bar – Basic Edits – Crop – Square
/choose your desired area to crop/ and Apply
♣ Basic Edits – Exposure – play with Brightness and Highlights
(when you print photo it will be bit darken than shown on the screen)
♣ left bar – Frames – Simple Edge – Outer color and Inner color
(choose according to your background) – Outer color Thickness
keep on 0 – Inner color Thickness on 100, Caption space on maximum
♣ Left bar – Text (choose type of letter and write the names)
♣ Well done! You can save your Masterpiece 🙂
Choose Quality Sean to keep the photo of the best quality
3. Print your cards on paper of 230g art paper, cut them and laminate them. Then cut again. Tadaaaaa! Your family flashcards are ready to use.
You can come up with really cool ways of playing with them. Not only flashing fast but pairing, talking about the members, building your family tree, grouping them or editing them by your own hands 😀 We use washable markers.
Happy family visits mammas.
Are you same freak like me searching for as much eco-bio-natural-for the child and planet best homemade stuff as possible?
Today’s class: PLAY DOUGH
It is super easy, fast and you can make it immediately from the sources at your home.
For one color you will need:
- 150 ml of water
- 75 g of flour (maida)
- 35 g of salt
- 1 spoon of vinegar
- 1/2 spoon of oil
- food coloring or any natural colors
- essential oil (optional)
- Mix water + vinegar + oil + essential oil. Add food coloring as per your desired color tone.
- Put flour and salt in non-stick fry pan and add your liquid mixture.
- Cook approximately 2 minutes till it sticks together and creates one big mass.
- Cook for more 5 minutes continuously moving big mass around the pan. More you keep it on fire less it will stick.
- Let the mass cool down and work it out till it is smooth and soft.
- Tadaaaaa done! Offer it to your quality controller and keep in fridge in air tight container.
Tips to do it even better:
- if you don’t have essential oil you can boil cinnamon/cloves/apple in 150ml water
- put more color to obtain the desired tone as after you mix it with flour it will get lighter in shade
- if you don’t want to use food coloring you can keep your play dough completely natural color or use natural colors:
DO NOT FORGET TO INVOLVE YOUR CHILD IN PREPARATION TO KEEP IT AS A NICE,FUN MONTESSORI PRACTICAL LIFE ACTIVITY