Are you same freak like me searching for as much eco-bio-natural-for the child and planet best homemade stuff as possible?
Today’s class: PLAY DOUGH
It is super easy, fast and you can make it immediately from the sources at your home.
For one color you will need:
- 150 ml of water
- 75 g of flour (maida)
- 35 g of salt
- 1 spoon of vinegar
- 1/2 spoon of oil
- food coloring or any natural colors
- essential oil (optional)
- Mix water + vinegar + oil + essential oil. Add food coloring as per your desired color tone.
- Put flour and salt in non-stick fry pan and add your liquid mixture.
- Cook approximately 2 minutes till it sticks together and creates one big mass.
- Cook for more 5 minutes continuously moving big mass around the pan. More you keep it on fire less it will stick.
- Let the mass cool down and work it out till it is smooth and soft.
- Tadaaaaa done! Offer it to your quality controller and keep in fridge in air tight container.
Tips to do it even better:
- if you don’t have essential oil you can boil cinnamon/cloves/apple in 150ml water
- put more color to obtain the desired tone as after you mix it with flour it will get lighter in shade
- if you don’t want to use food coloring you can keep your play dough completely natural color or use natural colors:
DO NOT FORGET TO INVOLVE YOUR CHILD IN PREPARATION TO KEEP IT AS A NICE,FUN MONTESSORI PRACTICAL LIFE ACTIVITY